Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Smoke Break: Bruce Springsteen, "The Wrestler"

When we did a music break a few weeks ago and posted the Duffy video, I received more interesting comments about how I should take breaks more often (thanks, I think). So instead of ripping Global Sociology's "Music Break", I hereby initiate The Power-Elite's "Smoke Break" regular feature. No, this isn't about encouraging smoking (although the movie "The Wrestler" and Springsteen's song will make you want to start), but instead about taking a break, listening to some tunes, and decompressing.

I'm a big Bruce fan. Sociologically speaking, very few writers in rock can capture socioeconomic status and loss like Springsteen. Given his vast wealth, you would think his days of writing another "Tom Joad" are long over, but this new song (from a movie I found heartbreakingly genius) is a great inaugural tune.

No comments: